Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink, including water, for eight (8) hours prior to your appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing, with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, tongue rings, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, fever, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Williams prior to your surgical date for instructions.